The agenda from the Cannabis Quality Track at 2018’s Food Safety Consortium. In 2019, the Cannabis Quality Conference branches out into its own event, hosting two separate tracks- Labs & Quality- one focused on lab testing and one focused on quality in cannabis product manufacturing. Click here to submit an abstract for either one of these tracks today!
What's In My Weed? – A Panel Discussion
This panel discussed issues like supply chain, production and other difficulties in creating cannabis products and the challenges inherent in teaching consumers to be more discerning.
- Moderated by Ben Gelt, Chairman of the Board, Cannabis Certification Council
- Panelists included:
- Kristen Bartsch, MIP Director, Native Roots Dispensary
- Jenna Rice, Director of Operations, Grön Chocolate
- Kim Stuck, Founder, Allay Consulting
- Leslie Siu, Founder & CEO of Mother & Clone
Current Status of Hemp and CBD on the Federal and State Levels
- Lawrence Mishkin, Counsel, Mishkin Law, LLC
GMPs in the Cannabis Industry
- Lezli Engelking, Founder, FOCUS: Foundation of Cannabis United Standards
- Kathleen May, Director Consulting, FOCUS: Foundation of Cannabis United Standards
Accreditation, Regulation & Certification: Cannabis Labs and Production Panel
This panel discussion brought together the leading laboratory accreditation bodies to discuss the future of cannabis lab accreditation and the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Moderated by Aaron Biros, Editor in Chief, Cannabis Industry Journal
- Panelists included:
- Chris Gunning, Senior Accreditation Officer American Association for Laboratory Accreditation, (A2LA)
- Natalia Larrimer, Business Development and Regulatory Affairs, ANAB
- Lauren Maloney, Food Safety Program Accreditation Manager, Perry Johnson Food Safety International
- Tracy Szerszen, President/Operations Mgr., Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation
Resources and Tools on Food Safety Regulation of Cannabis-Infused Products
- Rance Baker, Program Administrator, Entrepreneurial Zone, National Environmental Health Association
- Sanford Wolgel, Ph.D., Former Chief Science Officer, Cannabistry Labs
A Global Approach to Cannabis cGMP Compliance
- Andrew Cole, Pharma Cosmetics Technical Manager, SGS North America, Inc.
The ABC's of Hemp and Cannabis CBD: Food Safety, Testing, and Regulatory
- Tim Lombardo, Lead Staff Scientist-Food Microbiology and Food Safety, Eurofins Food Integrity & Innovation
- Dr. Marielle Weintraub, Strategic Business Development Director, Hemp Initiative, Eurofins Food Integrity & Innovation
Cannabis: A Compliance Revolution
- Radojka Barycki, Owner, NoVa Compliance
Lessons Learned in Food Safety and Applied to Cannabis-infused Edibles
- Kathy Knutson, Ph.D., Principal, Kathy Knutson Food Safety Consulting, LLC
Edibles Manufacturing – No Need to Reinvent the Wheel!
- Eric Edmunds, Director, Food Safety, The Acheson Group
- Benjamin Miller, Senior Director, Food Safety, The Acheson Group